Chef Automate Compliance
Chef Automate Compliance
In the instructor-led Chef Automate compliance course, you will learn how to use the Chef Automate compliance UI, perform compliance scans against Windows and Linux nodes, and remediate compliance issues.
In addition, you will learn how to use InSpec, Chef's open source testing framework for infrastructure. You will create and modify compliance profiles and also locate Department of Defense (DoD) compliance specifications that you can use as a basis for an InSpec compliance profile. You will also learn how to use the Chef audit cookbook, which allows you to run InSpec profiles as part of the chef-client run. This course includes hands-on exercises to reinforce the material.
One day course agenda:
- Chef Automate compliance overview
- Using the Chef Automate UI
- Running compliance scans, remediating issues, and re-scanning nodes
- Creating and managing custom compliance profiles using InSpec
- Using the audit cookbook
- Applying compliance frameworks using InSpec (translating DoD specifications into compliance tests)
- Scheduling scans and running reports
- Managing users, organizations, teams and permissions
Attendees should bring a network-enabled laptop with a Remote Desktop Client that supports Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). For example:
- Windows 7 or higher with Remote Desktop Connection
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) with Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Ubuntu 14.04 with Remmina Remote Desktop Client
Attendees should have administrative access to the laptop.
It’s best that learners have some familiarity with:
- Writing code (of just about any flavor) in a text editor such as Atom, Visual Studio Code
- Working on the command line
The lab setups are excellent and allow the class to focus on the training objectives. It was a great way to get hands on experience with Compliance in one day.
Excellent information presented by an experienced practitioner and an excellent presenter.
This was the best training class I've taken. It was online using Zoom, it was super easy to share code and collaborate. The instructor kept everything going at a perfect pace and his knowledge and expertise on the topic was evident. 22 years of training in my career and this was hands down the best class I've taken. Better than classroom training. Looking forward to more!
I don't usually like online training, but this training was great and Eric is really good, well-organized, and in control. The way he engaged each participants is amazing, and how he troubleshoot issues.
I will recommend this class to my organization as one of the more complete solutions to on boarding new Chef users.
Class was excellent, and the Instructor was even better! Robin Beck is the best!
I was sad to have the training end! The personalized attention from the instructor was priceless. Chef made sense and I LOVED it! Every question and problem were solved and explained. Truly craft masters of Chef, take this and be ready to be amazed. I'm applying what I learned the next week after the course. Thank you CHEF!